04 January 2010

The 12 Days Of Vegas Pt:2

Vegas Day 3

This day involved two tournaments ad one stint of cash, all were unproductive and nothing really sticks out. The first tourney was at Binion’s $60 it just seemed that no matter what I had someone either already had better or called and caught better regardless of the implied odds. I busted out within 45mins and headed over to the Golden Nugget for the $65 + I add on or re-buy $40. My run of nonchalant hands continued. When I was low on chips I re-raised all-in with 45os and was called by both AK and AQ both opponents checked it down

Flop – 10, 3, 2.

Turn – 8.

River – 6.

Much to the disgust of the table I hung around the tourney until the first hand after the break where I re-raised all-in with QQ and was called by KK, neither of us hit and I went to the rail.
I returned to Binion’s to see if I could recoup any of my losses and gave up 2hrs later $290 down.
The following day was New Years Eve and I opted for the $100 buy-in starting at 2pm in Binion’s. I played tight buy very aggressive and made my way to the final table with a little under average chips. I won a few hands and knocked a few players we made a deal for the bubble and which I dually knocked out. I was now sitting on the second largest stack, the largest being to my left. Within the space of 10mins he had donated his stack to another player with a series of marginal (at best ) calls. We were now down to three players, the big stack had me and the other player easily covered and played the big stack very aggressively. The hand that took me out of the tourney was 34s, I was in the BB the chip leader called and the small blind folded, we both had been avoiding playing a hand with the big stack as we both were even in chips and hoping the other would be knocked out.

Flop – 3c, Ad, 3h.

I bet the pot hoping to scare the big stack away but he did not take long to re-raise me all-in. I did wonder if he had the other three, but called anyway. He turned over Ah, 10s. and got instant service on the turn.

Turn – Ac.

With no three on the river I went to the rail with a modest profit. The payouts were 1st - $950, 2nd - $560 and 3rd - $365. I did like the structure of the $100 buy-in tourney and will be playing it again. I saw the New Year in on the strip with about half a million others. Very loud!!

Vegas Day 4

New Years Day

Was spent resting from the festivities of the night before and learning how to play craps, an enjoyable social dice game which is good fun. I would like to study the game a little more as it has a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment