24 January 2010

The 12 Days Of Vegas Pt:5

Vegas Day 10.

I woke around lunchtime and headed to the Golden Nugget after Brunch at Binion’s. I managed to find a full table and a seat with my name on it. I sit down next to a regular, someone who I have seen playing every time I come here. I have him down as a professional, all the dealers know him and so do a lot of the other poker salary players. I overhear a conversation between him and the card room manager that he requested a move to another table. I find out about half an hour later when he gets moved back after the other tables’ collapse that he had moved because of me. I personally think that he is blowing smoke up my arse. I leave shortly after with a good profit for the day mainly from these three successive hands.
Hand 1 - 32os
I was in the cut off and had not played a hand for quite a while I raised to $11 and both small and big blind called me

Flop

10d, Qd, 7s
As both blinds checked to me I decided to do a continuation bet of $20 the small blind called and the big blind folded. I put the small blind on a draw.
Turn

Kc.
The small blind checks and I reevaluate his possible hand range to a flush draw. I figure that he would call most bets to hit so I decided to check to see what the river brings, if it is not a diamond then I would bet if it were then I would fold as I am sure that the small blind would bet.
River

5s.
Perfect. The small blind checks and I bet $60 he folds and I so my bluff. He then confirms my assessment of his hands and shows 9d6d.
Hand 2 - KQs
With a raise from under the gun of $16 and one caller before I get to be my turn I decide to call. Three players see the flop.
Flop

As, 2s, 9d.
The raiser was first to act and was not shy about betting out. $25 made the middle man fold. I decided to spend a little from my last hand to speculate.
Turn

Qh
Not the card I was after but not a bad card either. My opponent bet another $25. Now with $126 in the pot he gave me more than enough odds to call for the flush.
River

6s.
As the card is over and I have made my hand I figure that the action would be check bet fold, but to my surprise he moved all in, so I called. He showed Ah6h.
Hand 3. - AJos.
My last opponent re-buys and posts the big blind. A couple of limpers so I decide to raise to $12. There are 4 callers including both blinds.
Flop

Ad, 7h, 10d.
Everyone checks to me so I bet $40 to push away anyone with a flush draw. Apart from the big blind who calls me, everyone folds.
Turn

3s.
The big blind moves all-in. This makes me think and review all the previous action. I almost fold but then I remember that he could be trying to push me off with a draw as revenge from the last hand. I decide to call as doing so would still leave me in profit for the session.
River

8h
I show my ace and he shows his flush draw and mucks.

Vegas Day 9

Binion’s was the flavour today and the tournament went quite well, I managed to get to the final table without too much hassle but I was short stacked. On the first hand of the final table i was on the button everyone had folded to me so I pushed with Ah10h. Unfortunately the big blind woke up with a couple of ladies and with no ace on the board I was down to 900. I waited with no avail for a good hand but folded everything until I was under the gun. I decided to push blind. The blinds were 300/600 and I pushed for 900 one player in mid position who playing was a little erratic raised to 1400, bearing in mind that the average was around 18,000 I was surprised to see everyone fold. He turned over J,10. I revealed my blind hand of 6,8os. Neither of us hit and I was sent to the rail. No more poker for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment