28 April 2010

The 12 Days OF Vegas Pt:6

Vegas Day 11.

With this day being the last day of poker playing (the 12th being a travel day) I decided to head to where I had been most successful during my time in Las Vegas, the Golden Nugget. I sat down and got a feel for the table, there were a few players I had to keep my eye on and a couple of players whom would be donating to my personal poker fund. Once such player was sat in trap 8/9 and was a non believer, he would call any body as long as he had a pair or he would raise if he had anything more or thought if someone else was bluffing. About an hour and a half into my session I picked up AKos whilst this fella was the big blind everyone folded around to me and I decided to make the standard raise of the table at that time $12, having already established a strong image everyone folded to my raise except the big blind, who I knew would call.

Flop – 3, 9, A.

The BB checked and I bet $20, he thought about the bet and I could see his mind telling him to fold, but his will would not be broken and he convinced himself that I was bluffing and trying to steal his money. So he went all-in for an additional $60. Needless to say that this was the moment I had been waiting for and called he turned over 9, 10 os and with a king on the turn and no nine on the river i watched as the bloke was felted for the third time since I had been at the table. Of course he just reloaded.

Soon after I found KK I make my standard raise and I get one caller

Flop – 586

I lead out with a continuation bet about three quarters of the pot my opponent folds and I show. About nine hands later I find AKos I make my standard raise and this time the old lady in the corner called. Similar flop this time im first to act so I bet about three quarters of the pot asgain she calls.

Turn – J

I check and the old lady follows suit

The river is another low card I bet $50 which is about 70% of the pot she calls without hesitation and tables 99, I muck. She read me like my Nan and must have known I had missed.

Near to the end of my session I kept getting premium hands in the hijack seat much to the annoyance of the BB this went on for 6 orbits AA, KK AK QQ KK I would raise and show when everyone folded; then this happened with JJ. The hands was just about to be dealt when the opponents says to me please don’t raise my BB and I said ok. Being the token Englishman at the table I decided to honour the request of my opponent. I flat called with JJ, which is a 70% of the time move for me. The button decided to raise to $12, the BB mumbled and called so I re-raised $48 this really put the buttons nose out of joint and he stubbornly called.

Flop – KQQ

I check ready to show and throw the cards away, the button checks also

Turn - J

I bet$60, the button raise all-in for another $32 so I call. Button has JQ and I am drawing dead
I stand up and leave with a small loss for the day but happy I’ve had fun whilst staying in Las Vegas although next time I will not be staying as long, as nearly two weeks is nearly one week too many. I might well be going back for the Las Vegas marathon in December if I can get time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment